The ideal treatment for immediate-action rejuvenation! It rejuvenates skin, neutralizes free radicals, and promotes a brightening effect with anti-spot action while increasing skin luminosity and allowing better moisture absorption and skin elasticity.
mesoéclat® Bespoke Treatments South Africa
A Customised professional treatment for immediate-action rejuvenation.
The Mesoéclat bespoke treatment has been designed to activate the skin’s natural healing process which kick-starts the production of collagen and cell regeneration. Perfect for fighting signs of fatigue, ageing, uneven skin tone, and dullness, and can also be combined with other treatment modalities to boost results or treat specific skin concerns.
How is the Mesoéclat® customized?
We are passionate about educating our clients on safe, results-driven treatments and we, therefore, design each client’s Skincare Treatment Plan individually to deliver optimal results. To achieve this, we start with a VISIA Skin Care Analysis that objectively measures and maps your skin followed by a detailed consultation with your Skincare Specialist during which specific concerns are highlighted and discussed.
From here, we decide which additional modalities (see below) are best suited alongside the Mesoéclat® to ensure you see optimal results!
Book a consultation with Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates.
Frequently asked questions about Mesoéclat® treatments
Our approach to Mesoéclat® treatments
Dr Nerina Wilkinson has a set standard of individualised care and expertise which is reflected by the entire team. Our team of experts has a wealth of knowledge and continuously delivers outstanding results by using state-of-the-art medical devices and products, sparing no expense to create a safe and luxurious environment where all your skincare concerns can be addressed. Each Mesoéclat® treatment is therefore completely bespoke and formulated around each individual’s concern and desired results, and can include any of the below modalities to help achieve optimal results.
Lumecca IPL: LUMECCA™ IPL is specifically designed for those wanting a more even complexion with an instantly bright and healthy glow. IPL is a wide spectrum light emitted by a xenon flash tube producing calibrated pulsed light. The energy is absorbed by substances called chromophores (targets), contained in the skin. These chromophores are then destroyed creating a healing response that can be seen as improved collagen and elastin, lightening of pigmented lesions, and reduction of skin redness and vascular lesions.
Medical Skin Needling: Using a sterile active ingredient, Superficial needling introduces a series of fine, sharp needles into the skin, in the form of a pen. Tiny areas of superficial trauma are created in the skin for deeper product induction. This controlled trauma encourages the body to produce new collagen and elastin to repair itself. The skin becomes thicker, plumper, and more youthful.
Forma Radiofrequency: Forma Radiofrequency sends radio-frequency energy to multiple layers of the skin simultaneously, which stimulates the formation of new collagen and improves skin elasticity
We are passionate about educating our clients on safe, results-driven treatments and we, therefore, design each client’s Skincare Treatment Plan individually to deliver optimal results. To achieve this, we start with a computerised VISIA Skin Analysis that objectively measures and maps your skin followed by a detailed consultation with your Skincare Specialist during which specific concerns are highlighted and discussed.
Who is the ideal candidate for Mesoéclat® facial treatments?
While treatments are customised to individual skin concerns, the most popular indication for the Mesoéclat® Bespoke treatment is ageing as it has been proven to be very effective at:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Increasing cell turnover
- Resurfacing of the skin to reveal a healthy and smooth complexion
- Reducing pigmentation & sun damage
- Improving skin dullness
- Improving collagen production
- Improving the appearance of scarring
As with any medical skincare treatment, it is best to discuss your specific medical history and needs with your Skincare Specialist. Book an appointment to consult with one of our skincare team.
How are Mesoéclat® treatments performed?
Should this be your first treatment at the Skin Clinic, you will be required to complete a short medical questionnaire to help guide your Skincare Specialist in selecting the most suitable protocol for you. Your Skincare Specialist will require access to your face, neck, and shoulders, therefore requiring you to get changed into a robe prior to the treatment.
The Mesoéclat® Bespoke treatment will include:
- Skin surface prep (Cleanse)
- Prescribed Chemical Peel application
- Medical Skin Needling, Lumecca IPL or Forma Radiofrequency
- Mask (LED Light Therapy) optional
How long do Mesoéclat® treatments take to perform?
Treatment time will vary according to the area being treated and the additional treatment modality included; this can be anything from 60 – 90 minutes.
Mesoéclat® treatments: Before and After
Before Mesoéclat® treatments
Before undergoing a Mesoéclat® treatment, you are required to:
- Avoid any strong at-home facial treatments and/or exfoliation treatments the week prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure (including tanning) for five days prior to your treatment.
- Know the skincare products you are using at home, bring a list, as having these details will assist your Skincare Specialist to make suitable product recommendations.
- Advise your Skincare Specialist regarding any medications, medical conditions, and/or past skin conditions; even over-the-counter medications can affect your skin, so it is good for us to know what may be contributing to your concerns as well as how your skin reacts to certain products.
- Should you be preparing your skin for a big event and you have never had a skin care treatment before and therefore don’t know how your skin will respond, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment four weeks before your big event with a follow-up appointment closer to the event date. This way you have time to address any negative skin reactions and get the maximum results from your treatment(s).
- Be prepared to discuss your skin concerns and goals. Your Skincare Specialist is a licensed expert who will provide you with a detailed plan to best achieve your specific goals.
- We advise against any Aesthetic procedures (including Botulinum Toxin, Facial Fillers and Threads) 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after any minimally invasive skin care treatment
After Mesoéclat® treatments
Redness and a sunburned sensation can be expected for 24 hours post-treatment. Tightness of the skin can also be experienced due to possible swelling. Slight peeling, dryness, and skin sensitivity have been reported in the few days following the treatment. You will however receive post-treatment home care and instructions on how to apply these specific products in the days following your treatment.
Your Skincare Specialist will advise on a suitable skincare regime to support results (treatment includes a bespoke aftercare pack consisting of relevant product mini’s to aid the recovery of your skin post-treatment)
- An SPF 50 should be applied twice daily
- Avoid facial waxing for 14 days post-treatment
- Limit sun exposure for 2-5 days post-treatment
- Do not consume alcohol in the seven days following your treatment. Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it has dehydrating properties. Unfortunately, being dehydrated will slow your skin’s healing process drastically. Furthermore, a side effect of consuming diuretics, like alcohol, is essential micronutrients are flushed out of your body.
- Do your best to avoid sweating during the first three days following your treatment session. Avoid steaming-hot showers or baths, jacuzzies, saunas and steam rooms. Do not engage in strenuous exercises, such as heavy weightlifting, swimming, intense spinning, or indoor rowing.
- Flaking skin should not be rubbed, picked, or scratched
- It is advised to avoid vigorous exercise for 2 days post-treatment
- It is recommended to avoid anti-inflammatories and icing the area as the inflammation encourages the release of growth factors within the skin
- We advise against any Aesthetic procedures (including Botulinum Toxin, Facial Fillers, and Threads) 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after any minimally invasive skin care treatment
How long is the recovery period for Mesoéclat® treatments?
Redness and a sunburned sensation can be expected for 24 hours post-treatment. Tightness of the skin can also be experienced due to possible swelling. Slight peeling, dryness, and skin sensitivity have been reported in the few days following the treatment.
You will however receive post-treatment home care and instructions on how to apply these specific products in the days following your treatment
How do I choose the best Mesoéclat® treatment procedure for me?
To see if this is the best skin science procedure for you, always start with a professional consultation with a qualified and experienced skincare professional for an in-depth analysis of your facial features and to reach a good understanding of your skincare concerns and goals.
Dr. Nerina Wilkinson + Associates’s unique and comprehensive skin science consultation is available for you to discuss and analyse your concerns and goals and for our team of specialists to provide bespoke advice.
Contact us to schedule your skin science consultation today!
What do Mesoéclat® treatments cost in South Africa?
After your consultation with the Skincare Specialist, you will be quoted according to the treatment mobilities and the number of sessions required to treat your concerns.
The cost of a face and neck treatment starts at R 2 780.
The cost includes a bespoke aftercare pack consisting of relevant product minis to aid the recovery of your skin post-treatment.
Where are Mesoéclat® treatments performed in Cape Town?
Mesoéclat® treatments are performed in private cosmetic clinics and other medical clinics that have a focus on skin science treatments.
Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates is a private, high-end, luxurious clinic located in the prestigious V & A Waterfront in Cape Town where Dr Wilkinson founded the House of Aesthetic Couture and Skin Science. Your Mesoéclat® treatments will be done here.
Similar to Mesoéclat®
The Skin Science Team
Skin Science & Aesthetic Couture
Our Innovative, personalized physician-led team have pioneered highly effective, science-driven techniques. Integrating the most cutting edge technologies, state of the art equipment and sound scientific research.
About Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates
When you choose us, you can be confident that during your treatments, you are receiving the highest quality service. Our environment is luxury but more important we are led by our distinguished group of doctors, so you can be assured of your safety at all times.