Our Virtual Consultations
At Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates you can now start your Aesthetic Couture journey in the comfort of your own home.
This unique and secure Virtual Consultation is a convenient option should you live outside of Cape Town, have a very busy schedule, or just prefer the privacy of an virtual pre-consultation with Dr Wilkinson and / or her team of Aesthetic Doctors and Skincare Specialists. We are here to discuss your concerns and goals and provide bespoke advice, recommendations and treatment plans with regards to any relevant Plastic Surgery, Medical Aesthetic Treatments and Skin Care.
A Virtual Consult at Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates?
Our comprehensive and confidential Virtual Consults can assist in determining whether you are a good candidate for Medical Aesthetic or Plastic Surgery procedures and also assist you in incorporating an optimal at-home skin care routine by providing you with a bespoke home care treatment plan. This is also a great opportunity to see if the Doctor or Skincare Specialist is the right fit in terms of experience and understanding of your concerns and desired goals as well as to establish a rapport with our team of specialists. While the Virtual Consultation is not a replacement for an in-clinic consultation, it is a fantastic place to start your Aesthetic Couture journey.
What to expect from this Virtual Consultation?
Rest assured, we have many patients who travel from outside Cape Town and even outside South Africa who have benefited from our services. We are available to provide information and support for all aspects of your Plastic Surgery, Aesthetic and Skin Science journey.
How To Get Started
With Your Virtual Consultation?
Make contact and complete the required online documentation:
After contacting our Client Engagement Specialist, we will reply with details on how to go about providing the necessary information required to start your personalised Virtual Consultation, including a detailed explanation of the process allowing you to securely send information of the procedure(s) you are interested in.
Your personal client folder will be created once we have received the following:
- Completed personal and secure online digital folder
- Completed medical questionnaire
- Completed consultation / procedure questionnaire to understand your goals / expectations
- Proof of payment (please see payment options)
- Photographs – face and/ or body (please see details on how to take these photographs)
Confirm your Virtual Consultation appointment:
Once your information has been received, our Client Engagement Specialist will:
- Send a Virtual Consultation appointment confirmation with the relevant specialist.
- Email you relevant information with regards to the procedure(s) / condition(s) of interest to read prior to your Virtual Consultation.
- It is very important to review this information provided so that you can prepare all the questions you have for your specialist during your Virtual Consultation.
Preparation for your Virtual Consultation on the day:
- Test your technology before the time in order to ensure you receive the full benefit of the time you have available.
- Follow the “Teams” link received from us beforehand and join your Virtual Consultation meeting as a guest.
- Use a computer with a high-resolution camera and microphone so that the information discussed and displayed is of good quality.
- Choose a location that has good lighting (best would be to sit facing a window).
- Ensure that your space is distraction-free; this is your time – you deserve it.
- Wear a headband or have your hair in a bun/ponytail so that we are able to see your face clearly.
- Please also be so kind as to remove your make–up.
Virtual Consultation with your Specialist:
The actual consultation will be very consistent with our usual comprehensive face-to-face journey. During this first consultation, your concerns, goals and expectations will be discussed in detail.
Your Specialist will also:
- Review your complete medical history (specifically noting prior surgeries, health issues and medication that could potentially affect any upcoming procedure results).
- Evaluate the part of your face/body that you want treated by means of a detailed evaluation of your submitted photographs
- Intensely work with you to educate and inform you about the most suitable treatment options available to you.
- Demonstrate details of the procedure
- Discuss the time required for downtime before returning to work or social activities.
- Consider and discuss the various benefits and any possible risks.
Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates vow to provide you with honest, realistic and experienced feedback and recommendations based on years of experience and a wealth of knowledge, in order for you to make well informed decisions with regards to the aesthetic or surgical journey you wish to follow. Our aim is to ensure that you leave your first consultation with a good understanding of your concern as well as a clear idea of the realistic options available to you, as well as any risks involved.
Please note that during your Virtual Consultation the recommendations made virtually are preliminary and the ultimate recommendation(s) may be modified based on the in-clinic consultation following this. We therefore urge all clients to continue with a face-to-face consultation, which will include a VISIA Skin Analysis and Next Motion Photography to make further analysis and final recommendations.