Our 3D PRP MD bespoke treatment, formally known as the Dr Vampire, utilises the powerful regenerative effects that our own platelet containing growth factors have on stimulating collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid within our skins, transforming it into a healthy radiant and more youthful-looking skin. What makes our Signature 3D PRP MD bespoke method even better is the fact that we target 3 areas of the skin in one treatment session.
3D MD PRP (Dr Vampire)
Our 3D MD PRP bespoke treatment, formally known as the Dr Vampire, our advanced version of the Vampire facial, utilises the powerful regenerative effects that our own platelet containing growth factors have on stimulating collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid within our skins, transforming it into a healthy radiant and more youthful looking skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A 3D MD PRP Vampire Facial?
Our Signature 3D MD PRP bespoke Vampire facial is made even better by the fact that we now target 3 areas of the skin in one treatment session.
The dermis: to deeply stimulate the renewal of the support structure of the skin; the deep epidermis: to provide essential nutrients to the skin, and the superficial epidermis to provide essential peptides to leave it feeling plump and hydrated. In addition to the use of your platelet containing growth factors, we add a sterile medical grade hyaluronic acid along with a specifically chosen active ingredient to tend to your individual skin needs.
How Many 3D MD PRP Vampire Facials Do I Need To See Results?
The ideal treatment cycle includes 3 treatments separated by 3 – 4 weeks, once you start the treatments you should see continued improvement of the results for up to 6 months following your last treatment. After that, we recommend maintenance treatments at least every 3 – 4 months if you are serious about skin rejuvenation.
Is The 3D MD PRP Vampire Facial Painful?
We apply a topical numbing cream before the procedure which minimises discomfort significantly. You may experience a burning / itching sensation as the platelets release into the skin, but this subsides after a few seconds.
What Are The Benefits Of A 3D MD PRP Vampire Treatment?
The following concerns are effectively treated with the 3D MD PRP treatment:
- Sun-damaged skin
- Textural damage with dull dry skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Thinning hair
- Dehydrated skin
- Lack of skin radiance
How Will I Look After My 3D MD PRP Vampire Facial?
Swelling and redness is normal but will settle down within 24 hours. Bruising is possible but will go away after 2 – 3 days. Arnica, either as a topical cream or in tablet form, will help heal the bruising.
How Does PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment) Work?
Once the PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is injected into the skin, the platelets release powerful growth factors (chemical messengers) that activate fibroblasts located within the skin. Once these fibroblasts are activated, they start to produce collagen, as well as glycosaminoglycans such as Hyaluronic Acid. This regenerative process takes place over the course of 1 – 2 weeks, with maximum results visible after 1 month.
How Do I Know If A 3D MD PRP Treatment Is Right For Me?
Always start with a professional consultation with qualified and experienced specialists for an in-depth analysis of your facial features and to reach a good understanding of your skincare concerns and goals.
Our unique and comprehensive aesthetic couture consultation is available for you to discuss and analyse your concerns and goals and for our team of specialists to provide bespoke advice.
- Step 1: The blood collection: Before your PRP treatment your own (autologous) blood is drawn, just like when you take blood for tests at the doctor. The site of the venesection is usually a large vein in your elbow and up to about 20mls of blood is collected.
- Step 2: Centrifuge: The blood is then be spun down in a centrifuge to separate the red and white blood cells from the platelet containing plasma. This procedure takes about 10 minutes. The platelet-rich plasma is then harvested. Using your own blood ensures no risk of contamination or risk of transmittable diseases.
- Step 3: Injection: The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is then injected very superficial into the skin using a mesotherapy technique. It can also be introduced with a micro-needling device
It is advised that you do not undergo PRP treatments should you be affected by any of these medical conditions:
- Cancer or metastatic disease
- An open wound with infection
- A low platelet count
- Autoimmune disease.
- Poor wound healing or Keloidosis.
- Patients on anti-coagulants.
- Active skin cancer.
- Wait at least 45 min after the procedure before washing the face with clean water, and apply a fast skin repair cream followed by an SPF 50 Sunscreen and makeup
- Avoid the sun for 48 hours post-treatment. Continue with a good sunscreen SPF 50 daily.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks after the treatment. This allows for optimal collagen formation.
- Swelling and redness is normal, but will settle down within 24 hours.
- Bruising is normal, but will go away after 2-3 days. Arnica, either as topical cream or in tablet form, will help heal the bruising.
- If you experience infection in the treated area within 24 hours, please contact your treating doctor.
The Skin Science Team
About Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates
We pride ourselves on affording our patients the best service through their journey with us. Whether you are having a skin treatment with one of our skin care experts, aesthetic medical treatments or having cosmetic surgery, the team at Dr Nerina Wilkinson and Associates will be there for you, every step of the way.
Skin Science & Aesthetic Couture
As an all-female team, we understand the importance of naturally beautiful looking skin. Known as leaders in the skincare industry we have pioneered industry-changing rejuvenation techniques and signature procedures such as 3D Microneedling™, Forma hydralyftTM, and Glow GetterTM .