Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates make use of the InMode FORMA™ Technology. The FORMA™ device sends radio-frequency energy to multiple layers of the skin simultaneously, which results in improve skin elasticity and deep skin tightening.
FORMA™ HydraLyft in South Africa
Combining a chemical peel, mesotherapy deep hydration, and FORMA™ Radio Frequency.
Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates’ FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment is a signature combination treatment designed to help clients achieve plump, radiant skin.
What is a FORMA™ HydraLyft
FORMA™HydraLyft combines the brightening effects of a Chemical Peel with the deep infusion of Hyaluronic Acid using our Mesotherapy technique as well as the skin tightening and contouring benefits of the FORMA™Radiofrequency Skin Tightening.
Frequently asked questions about FORMA™ HydraLyft
Our approach to FORMA™ HydraLyft
At Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates, our approach is bespoke and tailored to solve your specific skin concerns.
Before we schedule any procedures, patients must undergo a comprehensive examination including a VISIA Skin Analysis and Next Motion photograph. This allows us to create a personalised, results-driven, treatment plan and accurately track progress.
Dr Nerina Wilkinson has a set standard of individualised care and expertise which is reflected by the entire team. Our team of experts has a wealth of knowledge and continuously delivers outstanding results using state-of-the-art medical devices and products. No expense is spared to create a safe and luxurious environment where all your skincare concerns can be addressed.
Each FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment is completely bespoke and formulated around an individual’s concerns and desired results.
How does a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment work?
The signature FORMA™HydraLyft™ treatment combines three results-driven procedures:
- Superficial Chemical Peel: Chemical peels improve the texture of your skin through the application of a chemical agent to the skin to promote the growth of new skin cells, which results in regenerated tissue that is firmer and smoother creating a fresh-faced glow.
- Mesotherapy: a popular minimally invasive technique using small injections with active ingredients superficially into the skin, in order to stimulate, feed, and regenerate the skin, without the damage or trauma that most cosmetic procedures require to activate skin rejuvenation. The most popular indication for mesotherapy is anti-aging; the skin will appear smoother, softer, and more youthful after each mesotherapy session.
- FORMA™ Radio Frequency sends radio-frequency energy to multiple layers of the skin simultaneously, which stimulates the formation of new collagen and improves skin elasticity.
Who is the ideal candidate for a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment?
A FORMA™ HydraLyft can benefit prospective patients who are experiencing the following skin issues/indications:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry / Dehydrated skin
- Dull, lifeless skin
- Skin sagging
- Poor texture
Always start with a professional consultation with qualified and experienced specialists for an in-depth analysis of your facial features and to reach a good understanding of your skincare concerns and goals as well as the most suitable treatments to help you achieve these goals.
Our unique and comprehensive VISIA Skin Analysis is available for you to discuss and analyse your concerns and goals and for our team of specialists to provide bespoke advice and a customised treatment plan.
Schedule your VISIA Skin Analysis today!
Which areas can be treated with FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments?
The FORMA HydraLyft treatment can be used to treat the following areas:
- nasolabial folds
- upper eyelids
What are the benefits of FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments?
The Forma HydraLyft is an excellent non-invasive treatment for the treatment of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry / Dehydrated skin
- Skin sagging
- Poor skin texture
- Ageing skin
What are the results I should expect after a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment?
Results are immediate: You will notice radiant skin combined with lifting and tightening benefits, as well as ultimate deep-level skin hydration.The full benefit will continue to develop over the next 4 to 6 weeks. The result is an overall appearance with smoother, tighter skin. Forma™ HydraLyft is a non-surgical sculpting treatment and does not replace conventional surgical and aesthetic lifting techniques and treatments.
How long does it take to see results from a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments?
Immediately after your first treatment you will notice a range of benefits including radiant skin lifting, skin tightening and deep skin hydration.
The full benefits will continue to develop over a period of 4-6 weeks.
How many FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments are required to see results?
Results are immediate; however, the full benefit will continue to develop over the next 4 – 6 weeks.
We highly recommend monthly treatments to maintain healthy, radiant skin and to continuously fight the signs of ageing. For best results, we recommend combining this with other treatments such as 3D Micro-needling and the 3D MD PRP (Dr Vampire) Facial for the ultimate non-invasive anti-ageing program.
During your skincare consultation, we will however provide you with the ideal skincare treatment inclusive of bespoke recommendations according to your skincare goals and needs.
How long does it take to perform a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment?
Treatment time can vary between 75 – 90 minutes.
How long is the recovery period for a FORMA™ HydraLyft?
You can return to most of your normal daily activities straight after your treatment with firm radiant skin. It is important to avoid sun exposure for a few days after your treatment and to utilise the recommended aftercare advice and products.
Are FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments painful?
FORMA™ treatments are not painful at all, it is a rather warming, and comfortable treatment, especially during the colder months.
Are FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments safe?
When performed by a qualified Skincare Specialist, FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments are considered very safe. FORMA™ HydraLyft can be safely performed on all Fitzpatrick skin types.
What are the possible risks and complications associated with a FORMA™ HydraLyft?
The FORMA™ Hydralyft™ is a low-risk treatment. It is however important to make your skincare professional aware of your medical history to make sure this is the correct and best treatment for you.
FORMA™ HydraLyft: Before and After
We are passionate about educating our clients on safe, results-driven treatments and, therefore, we design each client’s Skincare Treatment Plan individually to deliver optimal results. To achieve this, we start with a computerised VISIA Skin Care Analysis that objectively measures and maps your skin followed by a detailed consultation with your Skincare Specialist during which specific concerns are highlighted and discussed.
What to do before a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment
- Avoid any strong at-home facial treatments and/or exfoliation treatments the week prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure (including tanning) for five days prior to your treatment.
- Know the skincare products you are using at home, bring a list, as having these details will assist your Skincare Specialist to make suitable product recommendations.
- Advise your Skincare Specialist regarding any medications, medical conditions, and/or past skin conditions; even over-the-counter medications can affect your skin, so it is good for us to know what may be contributing to your concerns as well as how your skin reacts to certain products.
- Should you be preparing your skin for a big event and you have never had a skin care treatment before and therefore don’t know how your skin will respond, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment six weeks before your big even with a follow-up appointment closer to the event date. This way you have time to address any negative skin reactions and get the maximum results from your treatment(s).
- Be prepared to discuss your skin concerns and goals. Your Skincare Specialist is a licensed expert who will provide you with a detailed plan to best achieve your specific goals.
- We advise against any Aesthetic procedures (including Botulinum Toxin, Facial Fillers and Threads) 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after any minimally invasive skin care treatment.
On the day: FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment
Should this be your first treatment at the Skin Clinic, you will be required to complete a short medical questionnaire to help guide your Skincare Specialist in selecting the most suitable treatment protocol for you Your Skincare Specialist will require access to your face, neck and shoulders, therefore requiring you to get changed into a robe prior to the treatment.
The skincare treatment will include:
- Superficial Chemical peel suitable for your skin concern Mesotherapy with active ingredients
- Forma™ Radiofrequency skin tightening
- Skin Tonic & SPF application
After FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment
You can return to your normal daily activities straight after your treatment with firm radiant skin.
What aftercare advice and products should I follow/use?
- Your Skincare Specialist will advise on a suitable skincare regime to support results
- An SPF 50 should be applied daily
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days post-treatment
- Limit sun exposure for 2-7 days post-treatment
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours post-treatment
The treatment includes a bespoke aftercare pack consisting of relevant product mini’s to aid the recovery of your skin post-treatment.
What does a FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment cost?
A FORMA™ HydraLyft treatment costs R 5 200 per treatment.
The cost includes a bespoke aftercare pack consisting of relevant product minis to aid the recovery of your skin post-treatment.
Are there alternative treatments for FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments?
There are alternative treatments that we utilise to assist patients who are struggling with a range of skin concerns including premature ageing, fine lines and wrinkles, skin sagging and skin laxity.
Mesotherapy activates deep skin rejuvenation using minimally invasive injections of bespoke active ingredients. Skin boosters can also be used to provide similar results but may last longer and require less treatments to see results.
FORMA™ Radio Frequency treatments provide optimal skin contraction in the deeper layers of your skin and boost collagen production. FORMA™Lifts help patients achieve firm, toned and youthful-looking skin.
Bio Skin Remodelling is an injectable anti-ageing treatment that provides the combined benefits of a subtle lift from an ordinary soft filler along with the skin quality enhancing effects of a skin booster.
Where are FORMA™ HydraLyft treatments performed in Cape Town?
Dr. Nerina Wilkinson + Associates is a private, high-end, luxurious clinic located in the prestigious V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. Dr. Wilkinson founded the House of Aesthetic Couture and Skin Science. Your treatment will be performed at Dr. Wilkinson’s clinic.
Does FORMA™ HydraLyft really work for skin sagging?
FORMA radiofrequency treatments were designed to target mild skin sagging (among other skin conditions), but it will not yield results after just one treatment. Ideally FORMA treatments should be done as a series (as recommended by your skincare specialist), and a maintenance program is suggested after the initial treatments, to help maintain your long-term results.
Similar to FORMA™ HydraLyft
The Skin Science Team
About Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates
We pride ourselves on affording our patients the best service through their journey with us. Whether you are having a skin treatment with one of our skincare experts, aesthetic medical treatments or cosmetic surgery, the team at Dr Nerina Wilkinson + Associates will be there for you, every step of the way.
Skin Science & Aesthetic Couture
As an all-female team, we understand the importance of naturally beautiful looking skin. Known as leaders in the skincare industry, we have pioneered industry-changing rejuvenation techniques and signature procedures such as 3D Microneedling™, Forma Hydralyft™, and Glow Getter™.