Known as Cape Town’s facial rejuvenation and breast expert, Dr. Nerina Wilkinson is a leading Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon with over 20 years of clinical experience.
Recognised by her peers and industry experts as a facial specialist with surgical, skin science, and aesthetic experience, she occupies a unique position when it comes to holistic facial rejuvenation techniques. Her innovative treatments combine surgical and non-surgical modalities and are based on in-depth scientific knowledge and her experience, she’s considered the ‘go-to’ expert by patients seeking natural-looking bespoke facial and breast rejuvenation.
She is the founder and director of Dr. Nerina Wilkinson & Associates. Her private Aesthetic Couture Clinic is based in the prestigious V&A Waterfront. Here, she has assembled a group of clinicians and skincare specialists; experts in their individual fields to be able to deliver the highest standards of care and state of the art, evidence-based procedures to our clients.
She is an active researcher in the field and has pioneered industry-changing minimally invasive rejuvenation techniques like Stemcell4DLift™, EyeLight360™, and Natural-Lift™.
Using her detailed knowledge and surgical experience, she trains medical staff in the latest aesthetic treatments and how to deliver them with optimal, yet safe results. Dr. Nerina Wilkinson is frequently invited to present her work at Plastic Surgery Conferences and educational forums as well as women’s events.
Dr Nerina Wilkinson has also been highly represented in the media throughout her career where her opinion on current matters in Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic medicine is often sought.
“I always say that I strive for natural-looking results, whilst enhancing a person’s appearance that can ultimately transform their whole outlook on life. Being part of this metamorphosis is the most important and pleasurable part of my work.”
Training & Accomplishments
- 1991: Dr. Wilkinson graduated in from Stellenbosch Medical School. MBCHB (Stell). She has always appreciated structure, delicate work, and human interaction, which all aided her in the completion of her Plastic Surgical training
- 1999:She was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons In Plastic Surgery FRCS (Plast) SA
- 2001-2006: She started her private proactive at The Mayo Clinic in Johannesburg. Here she worked closely with the Global Aesthetic Center at the Mayo clinic and was introduced to the role of energy-based devices and how minimally invasive treatments compliment Plastic Surgery procedures
- 2002: To further her cosmetic surgery training she completed at prestigious centres the UK and USA, working under the guidance of leading surgeons.
- London: The Royal Marsden hospital,
- New York: Sloane Kettering and Manhattan EE&T hospital,
- 2006 She relocated to Cape Town and joined The Renaissance Body Science Institute working closely with Dr Desmond Fernandes, the internationally acclaimed founder of Environ Skin Care
- 2013 She was appointed a Local Country Mentor(LCM) and trainer for the Allergan Medical Institute. She attends and presents at numerous local and international congresses, training in the art of aesthetic medicine.
- 2016: She became a founding member and a director of the prestigious Cosmetic Surgical Institute in Cape Town.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with the Health Professionals Council SA
- Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons SA (APRSSA full member)
- International Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS full member)
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons SA
- AAMSSA Aesthetic and Antiaging Medical Society of South Africa. Active Board Member since 2012